Matching Gift Doubles Your Impact!
Friends of GTi HOPE have offered a $50,000 matching gift program to promote ministry and develop partnerships. When matched, the combined $100,000 will sponsor 2 Village Literacy Rehabilitation Projects (VLRP), train 24 church leaders, sponsor 1,200 women for literacy, 8,000 children for VBS, and distribute 160 Study Bibles.
2 VLRPs will:
- Enable 1,000 men and women to attend all-encompassing 12-month literacy and empowerment classes over two years.
- Impact 10+ villages with social, economic, educational, environmental, community, and spiritual benefits.
- Provide 2 community centers shared by several villages.
- Help students discover hope and form home fellowships.
Each VLRP spans 2 years and includes:
- 12 months of holistic literacy classes (5 nights per week, 2 hours per night) for 250 men and women per year.
- A low teacher-to-student ratio of only 25 students per class.
- Income generation training classes focused on empowerment and encouraging savings.
- Awareness training for micro-enterprise loans to start businesses; grants to improve quality of life and provide roads, electricity, and bus stops for villages.
- Social and community improvement classes focused on health, environment and family well-being.
- Savings incentive plan to encourage first-time savings.
24 church leaders will be trained in sharing the message of peace, hope, and love, changing the outlooks of thousands of people. Training includes 3 months of intense classroom study and 9 months of field work. Each church leader has a goal of reaching 1,000 families during the year of training.
The church leaders are trained to be self-sufficient and self-replicating, and they are committed to a lifetime of service.
1,200 women will attend our 10-month holistic literacy program featuring:
- Reading, writing, math, home finances, how to count money, and the importance of savings.
- Lessons in sanitation, hygiene, nutrition, behavior and attitude improvements, as well as personal and village cleanliness.
- Economic uplift – students start small businesses, Co-ops, receive micro-enterprise loans, increase daily wages, become less vulnerable to indentured servitude and human trafficking.
- Family uplift – Children start going to school. Prevents child labor, practices of child marriage and dowry, abuse, suicide.
- Students discover hope and home form fellowships.
- Awareness of grants and opportunities – students receive clothes, land, housing; villages receive roads, electricity, bus stops.
These projects are scheduled to start in August 2023. There is an urgent need to raise $50,000 as quickly as possible.
This matching gift is intended for new partners and over-and-above giving for our existing partners.
Please prayerfully consider making a special and significant gift, and share this opportunity with others.
We would love to meet with you individually or as a group to hear your story and share more about this great opportunity to make a difference for good.